Sunday 10 August 2008

The Olympics

I got the guilts and thought that with all the money, all those people, all that effort I should really watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony.
I still felt guilty.
At one point the bread maker beeped indicating it was time to shape challah-by the time I got or back to the screen the commentator was saying that "they spent a year rehearsing that" and I missed the entire thing.
Commentators talk about these huge world wide audiences but who watches the every nano second? People drink tea, answer phone calls, use the loo and shape challah. I personally did all four.
I also became a bit Daily Mailish about the athletes on their mobile phones. They spend their lives working towards getting to the Olympics and then on the Opening Ceremony parade they talk on their phones. Now bizarre. What happened to being in the moment? Who are they talking to?
I have just finished 9 pairs of slipper socks and never want to do that pattern again.

2 comments:

Fred said...

I sincerely hope you didn't do all four all at the same time !

TutleyMutley said...

Probably talking to their mum: "I'm on the phone!" "I'm in the parade!"...