Tuesday 26 August 2008

I shall overcome

On the last Skipnorth trip I attempted to spin with a spindle and I was completely useless. I have decided the time has come to overcome this.
We went to a fab craft fair at a stately home on Sunday and I picked up this wool fibre for £2. Is that cheap? expensive? OK? I really don't know but Clive paid-bless him. I now have a bid in on a lovely but cheap spindle with ebay and using You Tube I will learn to spin. I really will. I hope.
I am also overcoming stash neurosis-I have some lovely aran weight cashmerino in a soft grey. I have not known quite what to do with it-Hannah was really keen but unsure. I am now using it for long slouchy socks I am knitting for a friend, myself and Hannah. I had lots of socks in this pattern in cotton that Hannah hupped to Israel. I really loved them and in this yarn they will be complete bliss-I have realised I will really enjoy using the yarn this way even if it is not quite what I originally imagined doing.

No comments: