Wednesday 9 July 2008

Knitting the bat wing

My relationship with sock knitting is not going all that well. Learning magic loop really improved my relationship with sock knitting but the spark has now gone. I am still under the spell of the big needle thing.
I finished knitting a bat wing jumper for Hannah's friend Ruthie-wonderful-2 pieces Aran weight and it looked great when it was finished.
I am now doing a jacket for me in a lovely textured wool/silk mix-no buttons, no bands, it just needs a broach to hold it together in all it's simplicity.
In fact I should be honest I am currently in a brain dead knitting phase while in a good book reading phase along side minimal tele, difficult Sudukus and even more Radio 4 than normal. Maybe my brain can only tolerate so much loftiness and I need to be brain dead in some part of my life.
I went with a friend to see the Last Deb exhibition at Kensington Palace. The construction of the dresses was absolutely fabulous and as for the lingerie and gloves-quite frankly I think I was born in the wrong era. We then saw the Diana dresses and quite frankly in comparison they were shit. The 1950's dresses although most of them were in small sizes were still shaped for a women where Diana's dresses looked ideal for a skinny transexual.-Let us all celebrate the wonders of the pleat and the dart!

No comments: