Monday 25 October 2010

Hats

At the risk of sounding over organised (well at least I can make use of this slightly weird aspect of my nature by turning it into a business) I went through my knitting records since 2006-a scary amount of socks and I do not even see myself as a sock knitter and 20 hats. But none for myself-I found myself needing to wear a hat to keep warm to go out one evening and my options were a New Zealand Possum beanie-great for hiking or skiing or a acrylic pink hat I bought in Jerusalem. That sounds great but the hat definitely isn't. How ridiculous. So my knitting pile got put aside to make 2 hats. I would include photos except I do not know how to get photos from my new phone yet. I struggle in an humiliating old lady way with these modern phones.
I like to knit one project at a time but I am weak So on the needles are:
-the Elizabeth Zimmerman Surprise Jacket-weird scary knitting in the extreme that I started out of curiosity and now struggle to stay curious about.
-the sock wool cushion cover-I am a little tired of those tiny stitches
-a big scarf I decided would go well with the fine black wool top I am yet to buy
-socks that have been a bus project for months and owing to London traffic jams are going really well.
-and my crocheted blanket that goes really well. The colour scheme came from a trip to the V & A. I aim to have one item on the needles by December

No comments: