Monday 1 November 2010

Looking

I worked with a client on Sunday to sort out her room and I realised there is a link between knitting and my Lifestyle management business and that is looking. I work with clients to stop and really look at that room/wardrobe/office and think about how they want it to be and then we get on and do it. Good knitting is also about looking-how is that knitting on my needles? Is it what I really want-I now believe good knitters are often the knitters prepared to start again as many times as it takes to get knitting right.
I also walked to a friends house on Shabbat and made the decision to really look around me. I noticed a climbing plant with autumnal leaves that went from red to green across the plant-against the dark grey of the wet concrete it looked amazing and I saw amazing jumpers and blankets in my mind-it is about taking that time to see. I have made a decision to go and see art once a week in this time of minimal employment.
Tomorrow I want to see the London Underground designs and cameraless photography at the V&A and also to visit WhiteCube in Hoxton
more on this later....

No comments: