Friday 15 October 2010

Cat died, new job and knitting neurosis

I'm back. I went back to Social Work-bad bad idea and lost the plot to do anything. My G.P and I now agree that it is time to move on. As part of that I want to blog regularly and ask any readers who find this to haunt my dreams if I do not get to this blog weekly.

First the cat as this leads on to my second point. Izzy the most neurotic unfriendly 17 year old cat had to be put down on Sunday and my God do I miss her. We have had pets the last 20 years and the house seems very empty. I keep looking for her on the stairs in the morning and wondering where her food bowl has gone. Towards the end she was very messy. I cleaned the couches and cushions and Clive cleaned the vomit and poo on the floor. Now she has gone the 2 handmade cushions are back on my scruffy old couch in the backroom-the one designed for knitting. However 2 of the cushions need knitted cushion covers and I bought lovely cheap Texere yarn for a bed blanket. WHAT DO I DO FIRST? Why would I never even consider buying covers or a blanket.

Sadly I cannot knit all day and do need to make an income. I have decided to go with what I do well-that is being over organised.I have helped friends to sort out paperwork, edit and sort their wardrobe and arrange kitchens. I am now building this up as a business. I made this decision 2 weeks ago and already have 2 definite bookings and 3 more in discussion. I call it lifestyle management and will do all the jobs people do not have time to do from booking workmen to organising filing systems. I am about to enter the world of websites and business cards. I have a lovely sense of calm excitement about this one.

Are you all enjoying the leaf rain of Autumn? I saw brown and gold leaves on the dark grey pavement last night and sadly thought -I could knit that.

I am using my husband's computer to do this and he will feel really annoyed if I add photos to it so I will log off now and add photos next time

No comments: