Sunday 5 July 2009

Long time no write

Well I am not that self disciplined when it comes to writing but in my defence I have now been back at work for 2 weeks-4 days a week at Hillingdon Children's Services and my daughter is home for a month from Israel.
So important lessons since I last wrote.
1 weight loss and working
The only way to keep up the weight loss is to take lunch-the world is full of calorific yummy crap and I am weak. The only way to take lunch is to make it the moment you get home from work-trust me on this one.
2 Travel comfort
Uxbridge tube station is a schlep but a very empty train as most people are travelling in the opposite direction therefore entertainment is important-knitting, sudoku and a book. Therefore a comfortable bag that will last and hide the dirt is essential. I am now the proud owner of a good quality back pack from John Lewis and it is wonderful-no more sagging shoulder and I march along the road like some aging Girl Guide.
3Clothes
My child does not do tact just like her father-thank god for my advanced levels of diplomacy. But there are times when this is useful. She sat on her bed and passed judgement on my entire wardrobe-the result is that everything left fits well and choosing clothes in the morning is so much easier. Did my checked shirt really make me look like a butch lesbian?
4. Breakfast
Starting the day with tea from a tea pot is essential

No comments: