Friday 17 July 2009

child has gone

I am back in my daughter's old room and she is home in Israel by now. I am back with my cavemem type son and husband. Hannah has a strong and vibrant personality that fills a room and it feels really quiet.
Bot to look at the good-she realy enjoyed being in our house but realised that Israel not London is home now-I am proud that she has been able to build her own life at 20-I always wanted independant kids and I do have them. She also spend a lot of time with my son that was really nice to see-he has also said he will go to see her in Israel-all so very very good.
Knitting helps I am making her an Alpaca cardigan and it is a real sense of connection.
and to be honest I do like my space-it took a serious clean-my child is not the world's most obsessive duster-but here I am back in my knitting space with radio 4 and not at work-life is not all that bad!

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

I am so thankful that after year-plus bouts away from our home, our four kids are back in Denver. We have 4 grands (2 and under) and 2 more coming this school year. We are blessed, but I know that feeling of missing. Mine will fly again, I know. They love the world. Right now, I welcome noisy dinners, messy playrooms, and the quiet grandmotherly role!