Monday 22 September 2008

Non verbal communication at Cold Spring Mill

We have just got back from 10 days holiday in Scotland. We went via Yorkshire and by a stroke of luck managed to stay close to Cold Spring Mill. What makes it all the more amazing is that last time we went to Scotland we managed to stay in Stoke on Trent which means we were able to easily visit the Portmerion seconds shop.
We did get to Cold Spring Mill-twice and New Larnark once.
The first visit to Cold Spring Mill was a wonderful example of the way we of almost 20 years of marriage really don't bother talking all that much-we have looks instead.
i.e
Clive said "Am I paying for this"
I said "Yes"
The looks went like this
Me: Look I know this is a huge pile of wool but it makes me so happy and it is really really cheap.
Him: You have got to be joking. Do you think I am made of money? Remember we have just redone the bathroom.
Me: I am an incredibly inexpensive wife-how much do I ask you for-ah go on. Please.
Him: All right but I am going to refer to this for months.

Finally thank you to everyone who contacted me about Max it really helped

No comments: