Sunday 31 July 2011

Simple things that make life easier and Husband's taste

This is the jumper I made for my husband in the colours of his choice. He loves it, enough said.

Life has been a challenge. The Husband has been job hunting for 8 weeks. He now has work but it really has not been easy. I have also have friends with a range of serious challenges and a daughter waiting to leave the Army in 3 weeks who is yet to have her leaving date confirmed.

I realised that simple things make life so much nicer. So here is my ideas for stress relief-
1. Make a breakfast tray. Tea in a small teapot and nice china. It is seriously worth getting up a little earlier for.
2. Sort the washing as you take it off the line by putting items for each room together in the basket . This means sorting the washing out side in the sun rather than indoors.
3. When trying to knit from a difficult pattern I have taken to writing it out one row per line. This makes it so much easier and makes 'reverse all shaping' a doddle.
4. I plan my meals then do the on line grocery order. It is great to go to make dinner and know what to make and to have all the ingredients available.
5. Have phone free time at least once a day.
6. I do not keep to do lists in my head-I put them into my diary-less to think about.
7. As I go to sleep I try to think of a good thing I have done that day. If I cannot think of anything I plan something for the next day.
8. Walk
I hope this helps

No comments: