Tuesday 4 November 2008

It has been far too long

The Holidays are over and it is time to get back to writing. I will try to blog twice a week.
Startitis and bus rides
I went on a fabulous Knitting workshop for my knitting course in Bournemouth. I met readers of this blog which was truly inspiring. Owing to what is known as 'planned works' on the rail but should be known as 'planned chaos' I took the bus home. I have decided it is just like knitting-beginning the trip is great-you sit back warm and relaxed enjoying the front seat view. But dear readers it changes-boredom sets in exacerbated by the complete closure of the north bound M4, the bum turns to concrete and all you want to do is get off the bus. But you can't-it is a matter of hanging in there till one arrives at the genteel surroundings of Victoria Bus Station. So it should be with knitting-no matter how traumatic the mistakes I will finish things, I will resist the call of the new yarn and that particularly appealing pattern.
Once I saw myself as a one project girl how this has changed. I will now complete the following before I begin anything else:
Gila's blanket
My socks
Hannah's socks
Hannah's jumper
Clive's socks (my son refuses to allow me to knit for him)
My scarf/mitten thingy
The sock wool cushion cover
The pink silk cotton wrap around begun last winter for the summer that has now gone.
I feel a little overwhelmed by this all.
My honorary American night
Anyway tonight is the American election which is a good excuse to knit.
Then Wednesday night I am going with some of the American women in my knitting group to a Democrats in London event to celebrate/mourn the election results. This is because of obsessive interest in the election and my commitment to The West Wing-all 7 series were obsessively watched.
Let us see what happens tonight

No comments: