Thursday 6 November 2008

Election party

I will not attempt to write about the Barak Obama win-writers with far greater skill than me have written far more profound words than I ever could.
Last night we went to the Democrats Abroad party in a Bar/Resturant in Trafalgar Square. Ironically spending the evening with a load of Americans made me feel incredibly homesick even though I have spent very little time in America. Why? Like NZers Americans happily talk to strangers-such fun.
There were 2 english chappies there having dinner who did not know the party was planned for that evening. They were grumpy and sarcastic-sad sad. However this was not the norm-many of the Democrats there said that they were really touched by the number of english people who congratualted them on the election result.
Three of us abandoned knitting group for the night-such is the sacrifices of historical events

No comments: