Saturday 7 January 2012

Ryan Air

Ryan Air shall I compare thee to a nightmare thou art more ghastly and more horrid...
I flew Ryan Air yesterday. Writing this will help.Well I hope it will help.
The board at Luton showed the Check in  counters for a lot of flights after ours. We we passengers to Dublin had to go to check in remained a mystery. Strange but hey this is Ryan Air. 
Finally we were told which check in desk to go to and we happy little travelers bounded along to queue. To queue and to queue. I am constantly amazed by the tolerance of the English. After half and hour of queuing with no Ryan Air staff in sight I could stand it no longer and went and asked a member of staff at another  desk.
She made the huge effort to look to her left to the queue of very patient travelers and said she did not know what was happening. I asked her to find out what was going on. Looking exhausted by my demands she phoned someone and found out it was Hussein who was meant to be at that desk.
II asked her where Hussein was-he was at another desk chatting with another member of staff with no one waiting to be served.
I went and asked why he was not helping us. He said he was busy (doing what??). I suggested as there was two of them serving well no body maybe Hussein could come and help us. The other chap asked if I wanted to take over managing Ryan Air at Luton. Trust me by then it did not seem such a bad idea.
Hussein then said it would be 10 minutes and he would open the Counter. Hah!  Lies. Another half and hour later 2 other frazzled women opened the counter. Of course we were late taking off. Of course there was no apology.
Ryan Air cheap but maybe not worth it. 

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Nightmare! You'd run it far better than they do.