Saturday 6 December 2008

a lot of ball winding


All the yarn I got is now in balls, samples in my knitting book waiting for a new battery in my scales to weigh it all. It was enourmously satisfying making up my own yarns from all these lovely threads.
I am now really determined to stop buying and start using-I really do have enough yarn to last an awfully long time.
Now is also drama group time-we put on a show each year at the end of January-it makes me feel really energised and motivated to get things done. I am now going to go and get work done for my knitting design course.
I throughly reccomend using Texere silk thread mixed with cotton to make up the most lovely yarns.
I also did the Christmas lights tour of the West End Harrods windows were based on the new James Bond movie-how tacky is that, Liberites was ho hum, Fortnum and Mason lovely-though the prices are simply unbelievable.Regent Street is simply gorgeous. Go look!

2 comments:

Fred said...

Well I guess you wont be going to SkipNorth then!

Caroline Vidican said...

Forgive me, but it does look much nicer in hanks, doesn't it? A hank of good wool is a work of art, you could almost (I do sometimes) hang it on the wall, but a ball is a ball, utilitarian and rather ugly...